Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Production begins...once again.

In my previous post I gave information having to do with the production phase that took place last weekend, mostly containing problems I encountered. Today phase 2.0 of production is to take place. Everything that was shot the previous session will be reshot at nighttime under a controlled lighting environment. I have also acquired a wide aperture Rokinon lens which will give me a lot of natural light to work with. Also I have some gels in my possession which will give me the ability to play around with the natural light and its colors; however, I am a tad scared to use the gels because if I am not content with the footage and its look, shifting the colors around will be much harder. I'm going to play around with the locations of the light sources to see which fit the look of the scene better. I'm thinking about putting a light source outside of the window in the room, the shades will add line shadows to the light hitting the subject. Really nice aesthetic that will add to the tone of the film. Kinda like this:


The room set up is different now as I thought my room and its posters and contents were a little too sporadic. I want more of a simple look to the scene as the viewer's attention is meant to focus on the subject and not much on his surroundings. I am also using a better tripod, easier to handle, and its brand new so you can say the little fan girl videographer inside me is fairly excited. Even though it is a bit of a pain to go through the production process once again, I have honestly learned a lot from the mistakes I had made. Looking at this in a positive way, and applying that positivity to my project I'm sure will aid in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment